Welcome to Page Speed Tweaks – the site created for performance junkies seeking the fastest WordPress setup possible.
When I first jumped on the WordPress bandwagon, like most people, I felt overwhelmed. Now, though, I absolutely love tweaking the daylights out of my theme settings.
Reducing bytes and requests is a challenge perfectly suited to my OCD.
Admittedly, being an obsessive perfectionist, I can waste hours on things other people don’t even notice, but when channeled in the right direction it’s possible to achieve amazing results.
Like finding a Google Easter Egg in Chrome’s Lighthouse Audit.
If you need to speed up your slow WordPress, or want to make your fast site faster, you’ve come to the right place. Expand your skills with our easy-to-follow optimization guides and achieve page speed perfection with ease.
No coding skills necessary, just patience, tenacity and a love of WordPress.
Here’s the page speed results from Page Speed Tweaks… all from using Hostinger shared hosting. Proof that for a small-to-medium sized website this is plenty fast enough.
|Page Speed Tool||Blog Post XXL||Blog Post XL||Homepage|
|PageSpeed Insights Mobile||100||100||100|
|PageSpeed Insights Desktop||100||100||100|
|Lighthouse (Chrome DevTools) Mobile||100/100/100/100||100/100/100/100||100/100/100/100|
|Lighthouse (Chrome DevTools) Desktop||100/100/100/100||100/100/100/100||100/100/100/100|
|WebPage Test Mobile||A/A/A/A/A/✔||A/A/A/A/A/✔||A/A/A/A/A/✔|
|WebPage Test Desktop||A/A/A/A/A/✔||A/A/A/A/A/✔||A/A/A/A/A/✔|
|Key CDN Performance Test||13 out of 14 under 200 ms TTFB|
- All results are repeatable at the time of writing, but may change slightly over time.
- Page Speed Tweaks is on Hostinger shared business hosting.
- Home page used for this site: https://pagespeedtweaks.com/
- Blog post XL was 70 images 7000 words: https://pagespeedtweaks.com/cloudflare-setup/
- Blog post XXL 110 images over 11000 words: https://pagespeedtweaks.com/fastest-wordpress-setup/
- Brotli compression turned off for Pingdom test, as it doesn’t recognize Brotli correctly resulting in lower score. Pingdom admit the test is outdated and are moving to Lighthouse.
- GT Metrix 99 on YSlow was for excessive DOM size, rather than any fault with Hostinger.
- These results aren’t typical – so please don’t throw eggs at me if you don’t get the same.
- What this table shows is that hard work + good hosting = lightning fast website speeds.
So what are you waiting for? Start your new website today with Hostinger.
- It’s our goal to help you create the fastest WordPress, as economically as possible.
- For that we need a cutting-edge platform that’s secure, reliable and amazing value.
- Hostinger is the perfect fit, with a network set up for creating blazing fast websites.
- We’re so confident you’ll be overjoyed with the customer service and features, the thought of their 30-day money-back guarantee won’t even cross your mind!
- Page Speed Tweaks proudly recommends Hostinger.
If you need hosting and want to save up to 90% as a new customer, we’d be stoked if you would use our Hostinger Affiliate Link, as it really helps us out.
Of course, you don’t have to, here’s their regular link: https://hostinger.com/.
|Light Theme||Dark Theme|
* Everything I do is possible using free software and shared hosting, but for convenience I will recommend the occasional paid product.
** I only advise using software and services that I have first-hand experience with or have an outstanding reputation within the WordPress community.
*** If you buy a product that I showcase, it’s possible that I may earn a small commission paid by the company. This will not affect you in any way.
Owner – Page Speed Tweaks
Some facts about David
I’m rubbish at: saying no, helping people is something that I like to do.
But amazing at: website optimization – speeding up slow WordPress websites is like topping up my power bar on Street Fighter. Something like that.
What makes a good optimizer? curiosity is key to improving your website. Learn by looking at other people’s websites. Pick the best bits and improve them.
Favorite tools: PageSpeed Insights, WebPageTest, GT Metrix, Lighthouse, Pingdom; for web design and optimization you can’t beat Chrome DevTools.
Previous life: before blogging about optimizing websites, I worked in construction. The similarities are closer than you’d think. Problem solving being the biggest one.
Most annoying: fake people and liars – bloggers that only use a product to sell it rather than use it because that’s what they genuinely prefer.
Favorite quote: optimization is a journey – not a destination.
Message for the People
Why speed matters: it’s common knowledge that consumers are more impatient than ever. Slow websites are annoying, whereas fast websites are proven to increase traffic and revenue.
Why people should care: what isn’t so well known is that global CO2 emmissions from data centers are on par with the airline industry. Yep, sending less data down the wire can help save the planet.